CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mexican Food

ENCHILADAS EN SALSA VERDE

How am I not going to love Mexican food? of course, I do! I'm married to a gorgeous, handsome, guapo, precioso Mexican man yes! and I had to learn how to eat Mexican food, although it was not hard at all.
One of my favorite Mexican food dishes is Enchiladas en salsa verde(green sauce)
I wanted to share the receipe with you
I don't really know what to make Salsa Verde from scratch (hopefully, someday my Mexican friends would teach how to make it)but, I usually use La Costena Salsa Verde in Medium(no worries there is also in mild, for those of you who do not like it too hot)

By the way, the Enchilada picture is not mine. I had to find one in the web similar to the one I usually make, as the last time I made Enchiladas didn't take pictures of it. Jorge said he will be taking pictures of what I cook and I will post them; so stay tuned for more receipes and cool pics.

INGREDIENTS
1 Salsa Verde bottle- La Costena
1/2 cup sour cream
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chopped chicken breast
8 (8 inch) corn tortillas ( you can use flour tortillas also)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterray Jack Cheese


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sautee onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.
Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa verde in a 9x13 inch baking dish . Spoon about 1/4 cup of the salsa down the center of each tortilla add the chicken. Roll up tortillas, and place them, seam-side-down, in the baking dish. Spoon some salsa verde on top, and sprinkle with cheeses put it in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes only or until cheese melts. that should do it!
to serve add sour cream (1 tsp or so)on enchilada and some more of the left salsa(if there's some left) on top, Mexican rice and beans. Delicioso;-)
enjoy :-)

0 comments: