CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chocolate Tres leches Cake :)

Ok! I know this is not the original tres leches but, I thought I give it a try. I saw this receipe on one of the "Krafts" magazines I receive, they have really quick and easy receipes. This one, in special has a twist they added chocalate to it. At the beginning I didn't think i would love it because I'm a fan of the traditional tres leches. I'd prepared this cake sometime ago. My husband loved it and so he asked me to prepare one for his birthday. Which, by the way turned out to be better than the first time; we had a great dinner and for dessert our chocolate tres leches. So here is a slide pics of the process hope you try it!. Following, the ingredients and procedure enjoy:)





1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
4 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate(I used BAKER's)
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (I used Fat Free*)
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk (Fat free*)
1/2 cup of Sour Cream (Fat Free*)
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping(Fat free*)

* why not use fat free! I think it's better and then I don't feel so guilty :)

PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package. Cool cake in pan 10 min. Pierce(make holes)cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.

MELT chocolate squares for 30 sec or til melted; set aside. Blend milks and sour cream in blender until smooth. Add melted chocolate; blend well. Pour over cake, re-piercing cake if necessary until milk mixture is absorbed. Set aside for 1 hour.

Frost cake with COOL WHIP; top with candy sprinkles or you can use chocolate curls. your option! and now time to enjoy :) muy rico :)

0 comments: